Employment Court: Current COVID-19 Protocol
This protocol replaces the protocol issued on 5 March 2021 and applies from 13 March 2021 for all of New Zealand, at Alert Level 1.
Under Alert Level 1
1. Under Alert Level 1 the Employment Court will, in general, return to normal operations.
2. The use of remote participation will remain available for use on application in appropriate cases.
3. If counsel, or other persons required or proposing to attend a hearing (for example, a party or a witness), are unwell, they should not attend Court. If this applies, the presiding Judge should be advised so that alternative arrangements for the appearance can be made.
4. All Courts have posters displaying the applicable NZ COVID Tracer QR code and paper records in place at the entranceway for attendees to record their attendance. People attending at Court are expected to use them.
5. Face masks and hand sanitiser will be available in Courts, and their use is encouraged.
6. The Ministry of Justice will continue to provide the hygiene measures described on their website.
7. Any concerns about health and safety practices in the Court should be raised with the Registrar in the first instance.
Registrar: Mima Bobot
Phone: 09 916 6359
Emergency phone: 027 295 6673
Electronic filing is to be sent to: email@example.com
Wellington and Christchurch
Registrar: Joseph Buckton
Phone: 04 918 8313
Emergency phone: 021 946 790
Electronic filing is to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The information on this page reflects the current COVID-19 alert levels. For Employment Court protocols during past alert levels, please refer to:
Protocol during Alert Level 2 (Auckland) and Alert Level 1 (Rest of New Zealand) issued 21 September 2020
Protocol during Alert Level 2 (effective from 31 August 2020 - 23 September 2020)
Protocol during Alert Level 3 (August 2020, Auckland region)
Protocol during Alert Level 1 (10 June 2020)
Protocol during Alert Level 2 (May-June 2020)
Protocol during Alert Level 3 (April-May 2020)
Protocol during Alert Level 4 (14 April 2020)