Resources and links
High Court Rules
The Supreme Court Rules 2004, Court of Appeal (Civil) Rules 2005, Court of Appeal (Criminal) Rules 2001, and District Court Rules 2014 are available at the following links:
- Supreme Court Rules 2004
- Court of Appeal (Civil) Rules 2005
- Court of Appeal (Criminal) Rules 2001
- District Court Rules 2014
Below is a list of resources and useful links for your information.
- Speech: Greater Efficiency in Civil Procedure, 2019 speech of Chief High Court Judge
- Report: Effectiveness of the 2011-2012 reforms by Justice Winkelmann, Chief High Court Judge and Justice Asher, Chair, Rules Committee (February 2015)
- Articles on discovery by Andrew King (a member of the Committee's working group on discovery): Achieving a more efficient discovery process and Addressing discovery proportionately
- Comparative table cross-referencing the 1985 and 2008 High Court Rules
- Article on the new costs regime in the Court of Appeal
- Principles and purposes of civil procedure and reform of civil procedure
NZ Legislation online: This website is provided by the New Zealand Parliamentary Counsel Office/Te Tari Tohutohu Pāremata (PCO) in association with Brookers.
The Knowledge Basket: Free access is provided to unconsolidated New Zealand Acts and Hansard. Other services are available but will incur a charge.
New Zealand Government: This site provides information on New Zealand's constitution, history, and government as well as links to all government department websites.
New Zealand Parliament: This site provides information on New Zealand's Parliament. It includes links to the Clerk to Parliament's website which provides information on Parliament sitting times, order papers, and select committees.